This course has 10 Modules with 2 Case Studies each. These case studies are real life business scenarios that a DevOPS Engineer will face in his daily work-life. Apart from these case studies you will be working on a certification project which will test your overall knowledge of DevOPS. Following is the problem statement for the same:
Problem Statement: Company Applebite is using Cloud for one of their product. The project uses many modular components, different frameworks, components developed by different teams or by 3rd-party partners, open source libraries etc. As the product evolved, there are multiple versions of different code, and multiple versions of these many components, and multiple environments to deploy like INT, E2E, SANDBOX, PROD and so on. This causes the following problems:
- Complex builds are hard
- Manual efforts to build many components
- Incremental builds are difficult (Different environment for Development, Integration, End to End Testing & Production)
- Frequent change in the Legacy components
Company goal is to deliver the product frequently to the Production Server with high quality & Reliability.
To achieve this, they require Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment. To implement this DevOPS Process you have to use the following tools:
- Git – For version control for tracking changes in the code files
- Jenkins – For continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Docker – For container image which is a lightweight, executable package of software which includes everything needed to run the image (eg. code, libraries etc)
- Puppet - Open-source software configuration management tool
- Nagios - Application monitoring tool
The files and flow for the execution of this project, will be present in your LMS. Please enroll for it's access.